Wednesday 10 September 2014

Belgium and beyond....

It's been an eventful few days since my last post. We set out from our Camperstop on Monday morning expecting to be at our chosen campsite in Luxembourg in time for lunch. Sadly this was definitely not the case as a fatal accident on the motorway meant we were held up in traffic for FOUR hours! 


All I can say is that at least we did make our destination unlike the poor soul in the motorway crash who didn't.
We were very pleased to arrive at Camping Krounebierg in Mersch,Luxembourg, soon settling in and freshening up. We have certain things we look for in a campsite and this one just about 'ticks all the boxes'. Usually we look for good reviews on the website as well as walks and cycle rides from the site, we also like a close proximity to a village or town so we can do some shopping or find a coffee shop. 
After a lovely peaceful nights sleep our day was spoiled by an email from Roamline with an invoice for 70€ for data usage on my mobile wifi device yesterday - EEEEEK!!! Roamline advertise themselves as cheap data  and in my ignorance I had no idea that updating my online blog with a few photos, checking Facebook etc whilst stuck in traffic would cost me anything like that amount! I have been in touch with them and it seems the invoice is correct. All I can say is I won'tbe using my Mifi any more!! Most places have free wifi and you won't miss me for a few days when I can't update my blog will you?
Luxembourg is a lovely country, very tidy and well kept and I like the architecture of the houses which are often a bit unusual. We have a pretty view of the countryside from our pitch

Yesterday we cycled along a cycle path all the way to Luxembourg City and back which we thought would be about 20 miles round trip but ended up at 32 miles! Needless to say we didn't do a lot of sightseeing but what we did see of the city was very interesting. We saw the old sector which was down in a valley with high city walls surrounding the area. If I could sort out getting photos from my phone to this blog I'll show you but for now I'll say adieu! 
Oh before I go.. Can you tell me what you call a person from Luxembourg? I really have no idea......

 

No comments:

Post a Comment